People's Most Beautiful Woman

4:51 PM

Surprise, surprise-- Lupita Nyong'o was chosen as People's Magazine Most Beautiful Woman! This is her first time on the list and she beat out 49 other gorgeous celebs, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Roberts. Other than Halle Berry, I think Lupita may only be the 2nd Black woman to grace the cover of this issue...but Halle has appeared the most on the list at 16 times!

On being named People‘s Most Beautiful: 
“It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. I was happy for all the girls who would see me on it and feel a little more seen.”

On what she used to think ideal beauty was:
 “Light skin and long, flowing, straight hair. Subconsciously you start to appreciate those things more than what you possess.”

On her favorite thing:
“When I have been called beautiful with not one drop of makeup on. And also before I comb my hair or put on a pretty dress. Happiness is the most important thing.”


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow On Bloglovin!

Follow