Adam Levine Starts New Clothing Line!

3:33 PM

Following in the footsteps of other music icons Justin Timberlake, Madonna, Beyonce, Diddy and Jay-Z to name a few, Adam Levine's clothing line 222 will launch in a Las Vegas trade show later this week! And I really wish that I could be there, I ADORE Adam and Maroon 5. The line, 222, was named after Adam's lucky number and also the studio address of where they recored their demo for Songs About Jane!


The simplistic line reflects his own casual style and will include basics like jeans, T-shirts and leather jackets for men and women, reports Women's Wear Daily. Prices range from $30 T-shirts, $100 for dresses and wraps, between $150 to $280 for jeans and $1,250 for biker jackets (now that's a bit much but i'm sure it will look great!)There are about 50 women’s styles and 25 men’s styles in the first collection

"I'm passionate about fashion," Levine, told WWD. "I think it says something about yourself and, whether you care about clothes or not, what you wear reflects some kind of attitude towards style..I went through a very un-casual phase. My nose would be turned up and I would insist on wearing the best of the best. I would go to dinner in ties and jackets and Balenciaga and stuff. I got caught up in the whole idea of fashion and the Margielas and Ann Demeulemeesters of the world. But all that being said, it wasn’t really me. Before all this nonsense, I was touring in a van with jeans and a ripped T-shirt and a leather jacket if I could afford it — and that’s what got me through and to where I am today.
His dad, Fred Levineone of his business partners, has operated a chain of boutique clothing stores in Los Angeles called M. Frederic for over 30 years. Also on board with the venture are Fred's cousin Sami Cooper and Levine's stylist, Aristotle Circa. And unlike many other stars with their own clothing lines, Levine plans to be very much hands-on in the business.
"This is a family affair, this is something grassroots I collaborate on and approve every single piece of clothing in the line. I'm not just hawking something because I'm in a famous band. 'I want the line to be successful on its own merit. I would love for it to be successful without my celebrity playing into itIn fact, Levine said he actually wears 222 pieces in his daily life and will do so on tour for every show as well.
"It's very simple and pure and durable," he explained. "Jeans, T-shirts and a leather jacket. That's all I need. I think it's always fun to be the most underdressed person in a room. There will be no bedazzling in this collection."--(S)
Now just for fun let's have a look at some of Adam Levine's fashion choices so we can get a feel of how the line will look!
















You Might Also Like

1 comments

Follow On Bloglovin!

Follow